viernes, 9 de abril de 2010

Vocalist of Camagüey Candita Batista condemns anticuban campaign

To the black vocalist of Camagüey Candita Batista - for many the black vedette of Cuba the 93 lived years don't turn off her accustomed loquacity and lucidity; the enough to condemn with energy the anticuban campaign orchestrated by the enemies of the Revolution:

“Undoubtedly I cannot agree - she assures - because it is mean and absurd. I am completely opposed to who with the lie, they manipulate to the international public opinion, mentioning a lack of human rights in my dear Island. Nobody as me can compare the before and the one after the Revolution, because to be black and due to a cruel racial discrimination, I had to leave in the year 1950, thanks to a contract that allowed me to present me first in Germany and later in almost all Europe."

After taking the Cuban music to more than 20 countries, Candita returned to Cuba soon after the revolutionary victory, in April of 1959. She had residence in Barcelona, Spain, but She didn't doubt to return next to her town:

“Who is against my country - she adds -I cannot have my sympathies, just the opposite. And lament a lot not to be able to unite to the artists that this Saturday will carry out concerts for Cuba in Havana and in Santiago of Cuba. The state of my legs would not allow to me, if they had summoned me to it. But I will be next to those that yes make it, with the soul and with the heart because I feel more Cuban than never before."

The 93 years they don't turn off Candita Batista the sense of ownership toward the roots that she has known to nurture with the excellence of her even impeccable voice, as much as her love for the earth that she saw be born.( Yolanda Ferrera Sosa)

No hay comentarios: